US HWY 34/Big Thompson Canyon
Will be Closed Monday Oct. 17th, 2016
thru Friday May 26th, 2017
- The alternate routes for those coming from the north and northeast are easy detours south to Longmont and west through Lyons. These detours add less than 15 minutes to the drive to Estes Park.
- From the center of Loveland, the detour adds 14 miles and only 11 minutes to the drive
- From I-25 and US-34 in Loveland, the detour adds about 17 miles and only 14 minutes to the drive
- See the maps below for route options and details
- If you are coming from DIA - Denver International Airport, you will not be affected by this detour.
Additional construction details and updates can be found on the CDOT website.
Distance and Travel Times for Alternate Routes:
55 min - This route will be closed.
Loveland to Estes Park 34.1 miles Via US-34 W
1 h 5 min - This is the alternate route.
Loveland to Estes Park 50.7 miles via I-25 S, CO-66 W and US-36 W